Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Food Poisoning



Well this has been a crappy weekend with no work getting done. I ate something on Friday night and ended up sick all night Friday and all day on Saturday. I think it was food poisoning. I don't remember feeling quite so bad in a long time.


All I did all day was lay around while Mac was at work..lol


We got up on Sunday and took my mom to Ottawa to take my brother out for lunch for his birthday. He lives in an assisted living facility in Ottawa. He had a heart attack back in 1996 and had by-pass surgery and had a major stroke 11 days later. Now he has no use in his right hand and arm and only has limited speech. He recently had congestive heart failure and that is what set off the move to assisted living. He has finally started settling in. It is a nice place and if I was in his situation, I wouldn't mind living there.


I am sooooo ready for this hot weather to go away. After going through chemo a few years ago, I just don't handle the heat as well anymore.


I have been researching companies that do Estate Sales so that we do not have to have a garage sale to get rid of all this stuff. So far not too much luck as there are no companies that are very close. 70 miles away is the closest, so I just keep sorting and labeling things to sell or give away.


Gregg is still working six 10 hour days so we haven't been able to get away much this summer. Our granddaughter and great granddaughter was here to visit for a couple of weeks. I was nice to spend time with the baby since we haven't been able to see much of her since she was 3 months old and lived with us for awhile. Jaelynn turned 1 on June 29th of this year but she has so much hair that everyone thinks she is older than that. I'm going to try to post a photo of them on here and hopefully it will work.lol






Well tomorrow is another work day...I am beginning to count down the months. I enjoy working for an Optometrist, but still looking forward to not working.




Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.


1 comment:

Speedy said...

Well I'll tell you...you have a great journal and as long as you chronical your daily or weekly events and tell eveyone what your doing to get ready to full time then some people out there will be learning day to day on what to do and not to do while getting ready to go fulltime. So keep up the good write and we will continue to read and comment and you will know that we are with you all the way. Then when you hit the road you will have us out there to meet you Somewhere in Time.

Joe and Sherri