Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend Work






This week has been pretty un-eventful. Going to work and coming home. That's about it. Work was pretty slow. I think that is common all over with the economy like it is.
Our granddaughter, Natalie, came to stay the weekend with us on Friday. She wanted to help me work on packing up things in the office to get rid of. I think she just wanted to see if there was anything that she might like to have. And of course she did find a few things!! A big box of stuff to take home. WooHoo...that is less that I have to worry about.
She was also wanting to get her hair cut so I called and made her an appointment. This is Natalie with her new Doo. Cute, Huh?

We packed up craft supplies and she found some things that she wanted to take home for her and her sisters. We also went through old business papers and shredded some that we could get rid of.

Natalie found some construction paper and card stock that she wanted to know if she could have..That's when we started her box.

Mac made steak sandwiches for supper and they were yummy. We then settled in to watch Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We popped popcorn and vegged out with the movie.

Natalie had a birthday party of one of her good friends to go to today. They went to watch High School Musical 3 and then went for pizza and to an arcade. She had a great time.

Mac went to play golf. I stayed home and did laundry and worked some more on the office. Someday I might get everything sorted in there. I really think this is going to be the hardest room of the whole house. There is so much of old business information in there, plus craft supplies and just lots of paperwork. uuuggghhh...

Here is a photo of our cat, Shadow. I don't think he is gonna like living in an RV. He is so spoiled and gets anxious when we put him in the truck. We actually took him to the lake with us one day and put him on the pontoon. He got so upset that he started hyperventilating and foaming at the mouth. Mac had to park the boat and take him back to town.

Well I guess I'll be off for now. Another work day tomorrow..Man I can hardly wait until I don't have to say that again. Mac goes on vacation November 26th and will retire on Jan 2nd. We will hopefully be able to get the house on the market before then. He will be off until the end of March so we can go to Kerrville and then he will start doing his Environmental Inspections.

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

No comments: