Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


Before I start on my ramblings...I would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you all will be enjoying the holiday.

Mac and I are going to take my mom and brother out for dinner this year. That is nice for me because I don't have to cook and cleanup all day.

None of our kids or grandkids will be traveling here so I just don't want the mess.

It has been a long week...we have spent time with our financial advisor and found out that we are not in as bad of shape as we thought we would be. We did find out that if Mac retires on January 2, 2009 instead of December 31, 2008 he will lose $51,000.00 in his retirement account. It is the was it is figured. If he retires the 31st of December they will use the rate as of August 15th, which was still good. So that is what we decided to do. He actually only has to work next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and will be on vacation the rest of the year...
I have a list of stuff for him that should keep him busy..lol




Really, we have some things in the house that need to get finished so that we can get it on the market, so this works out ok. I'm just jealous because I will still be working for awhile yet.

Also, we got some news this week that we may have one of our grandsons come to stay with us for awhile. He has been living with his dad and that is such a bad environment. Will keep you updated on how that is progressing. This is our grandson, Jordan.


We are going to see him tomorrow to see if he will be willing to come here for a while.

I went to the beauty shop yesterday to get a trim and get my hair colored. I had it cut off about 5 inches when we went to Missouri and had my hairdresser cut about another inch off and had it thinned and textured. She did a 3 color procedure on it and I really like it but was totally shocked when I looked in the mirror. My hair was dark blonde with red and lighter blonde highlights and now it it a medium brown with blonde and red highlights..wow what a change but I think I needed that. I was getting in a rut and this has kind of lifted my spirits.




Well, I am hoping that we can get some more sorting done this weekend, but we will have to wait and see.
Good luck to Jim & Dee on their search for the Pinehurst tomorrow! I hope that it is just what you are looking for!!
See you in chat!
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take our breath away...





No comments: