Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Long Weekend

Well we finally made it home from Missouri.

Mac and I had doctors appointments in Kansas City on Thursday and we had decided that we would just leave from there and head on to Seymour, Missouri and see if we could make it in time for my Aunt's visitation service. We got there about 7:30pm and went inside. I haven't seen some of my cousins for 10 years! I wasn't even sure if I would recognize them. We spent about 1-1/12 hours at the funeral home visiting with family.

We then went to check in to our motel. It's a good thing we were only staying there one night. There was no air conditioning...
We got up Friday morning and showered and dressed and headed over to Holman-Howe Funeral Home for the service. It was a very nice service. We had lunch at the church and then headed out to my cousins for the family to gather. We visited and were introduced to all the new family members. This was the nice part of the day. We took some photos and got new addresses to exchange cards and letters. We left Harold & Joyce's about 5:30pm and headed out to see an uncle & aunt on my dad's side that I hadn't seen in several years. We visited with them for about an hour and then headed on to Springfield, Mo to check into our motel.

Saturday we went to Camping World in Strafford, Mo to see if that Augusta had made it in. Of course it hadn't so we ended up buying a few things we needed for the RV and took off to Bass Pro. We needed some wood chips for our smoker. We ended up spending about 2 hours there looking around and going through the Health Fair they were having.
When we left we started talking about where we wanted to go for a late lunch and decided to go to Ozark, Mo to "Lambert's Cafe" Home of the Throwed Rolls. It was great!! Prime Rib was their special and we both ordered that. By the time they had brought around Fried Okra and thrown a few Hot Rolls our way we were almost full...and the main course hadn't even come!!! Well dinner came and we started on the main course and more servers came around with Fried Potatoes with Onions, Macaroni with tomatoes, Black Eyed Peas, and of course more Thrown Rolls. We were stuffed.(:)






Then we left Lambert's we decided that we were close enough to Branson to drive on down to look around. Saturday was the first night of the Christmas Shows and several of the Theaters had already decorated the outsides with Christmas lights and decorations. We spent a couple of hours there looking around and started back to Springfield.



We decided to make it an early night since we were leaving to start home on Sunday morning.

Today we got up and showered, packed up all our purchases and luggage. Got it loaded in the car. I had Mac take me over to the "Super Cuts" in the shopping center next to the motel and I got right in and had my hair cut. Yep..got about 4-5 inches cut off...


We left Springfield about 12:30 heading home. I took a few photos of the fall colors..It is very pretty here this time of year.

I got a chuckle out of this Exit Sign...where do you think the rest of us humans are supposed to live???

We stopped at Osceola, Missouri at Osceola Cheese Store...Yummy. We bought some different cheeses and some beef sticks. We also had some homemade ice cream cones. I had Butter Pecan and of course Mac had Vanilla. They were wonderful. Stop there if you ever happen to pass by.


We missed our turn and ended up going about 60 miles out of the way. I have included a few photos of Truman Lake since we ended up going by a branch of it on our long way home...lol




Here is my chauffeur for the weekend..Isn't he great!


We got home and took a plant and some other things over to my mother since she was not able to make the trip to the funeral. She said that she had been sick all weekend so it is a good thing that she didn't try to go.

Well, it's been a long weekend and time to get some rest. I'll see you all on chat.

Right now, after the loss of my aunt, I can really relate to the following quote..


Life isn't measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take our breath away...







No comments: