Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family, Friends & Party

  It has been a very long weekend starting on Thursday night, or actually Friday morning at 1:30am when Chris & Dusty arrived. We were so glad to see each other that we stayed up until about 4am visiting and getting caught up. We got up on Friday about 8:30am with nothing really planned.

Chris & Dusty were wanting new glasses so off we went to my office to get them all fixed up. We joked around a little while going through the frame selection.

Chris and Dusty eyewear

We finally got serious and finished the task of getting their glasses ordered(not the above ones!!).

Then Mac and Dusty took off and Chris and I went to visit one of her old classmates and friend, Becca. They got caught up a little. We left Becca's and headed to the Sporting store to look at KU stuff. Chris wanted a shirt to wear to the TTU & KU game.

After all that we called the guys and met them for lunch at Fat Boy's BBQ for lunch. It was great!

Then we were off to mom's so that Chris could see her grandmother for a while. We left there and headed back home because Mac's sister Linda, brother-in-law Phil, and nephew Cory,were supposed to be there about 5:30.  Also, Dusty's uncle Jim, Cousins, Garrett & Chris were supposed to be here about 7pm.

We cooked hamburgers and grilled chicken breasts for supper and spent the next several hours visiting and having a few drinks. I went to bed about 12:30 with a sinus headache and Linda, Phil, Cory, Jim, Garrett & Chris left about 3:30am. Christie went to bed when they left but Mac and Dusty stayed up visiting until about 5:30am. Now understand we were supposed to leave at 6:30am Saturday to go and pick up our grandson, Jordan for the day and night. Needless to say, Mac didn't even go to bed!!

He got home with Jordan about 8:30am and part of us took off to watch Natalie, our granddaughter, play basketball. I told Mac to stay home and go to bed for awhile. He went in to rest, and about 10 minutes later Dusty came in and said the other guys were ready to go play off he went..only 4 hours sleep since Thursday morning.

Dana and kids were supposed to be in late Friday night, but called and said that they had stopped to spend the night and would be in early Saturday. Dana, our daughter,Ashley, Britny, Crystal, our granddaughters, and Jaelynn, our great granddaughter got here about noon. It was great to see them but we were already wearing

Jenni came over as soon as she got home from work to see everyone and get ready for the party here.

Mac left the golfing and came home about 3:30pm because I called to tell him his cousin was here to visit before his party that night. We visited for about an hour then it was time to get ready for the party.Whew...what a weekend so far...

We were late for the party by about 10 minutes..which isn't surprising considering how the weekend has gone so far. The party was great with lots of family and friends there to wish Mac & I congratulations on the retirement and good wishes for our upcoming future.

Here's a few photos from the party.

Gregg opening gifts

Mac opening gifts

Gregg with Cake

Mac with cake

Greggs Cake

Mac's cake

Jaelynn with grandpas cake

Jaelynn with grandpa's cake

Jenni Lynette Dana Gregg and Christie

from top left: Jenni, Netters, Dana

bottom: Mac and Christie

Brit Jordan Natalie and Ashley

Top clockwise: Britny, Jordan, Natalie's

back and Ashley

Britny Linda Phil and Dana

from left: Britny, Mac's sister, Linda

brother-in-law, Phil, and Dana

Christie and Jenni

Christie and Jenni

Christie Dusty cory and Dana

Christie, Dusty, nephew Cory, and Dana

Gregg and Linda

Mac and sister Linda

Gene and LeAnn

Gene & LeAnn Thacker. Friends

and I work with LeAnn.

Jaelynn and grandpa

Jaelynn and Grandpa

Jaelynn and grandpa sharing a moment

Jaelynn and Grandpa sharing a moment...





and group photos of the party.




The party finally wound down around 11:00pm and we all headed back to our house for some more visiting and a (few) more drinks. We finally went to bed about 1:30am with everyone totally exhausted. Now remember, Mac hasn't been to bed since Friday morning at 8:30am and it is Sunday morning at 1:30am..

We were up about 8:00am Sunday morning since the kids were all going to be heading home. We all went to Denise's Country Diner for a good breakfast buffet. There were 12 of us with us, the kids, and grandkids. We spent about an hour there eating and more visiting then headed back to the house so that the kids could all load up their things and get headed back home.

It was great to see everyone, but boy were we worn out. It has taken us a couple of days to try to recoup from all that family and friend  But we would do it all again in a heartbeat..Life is too short.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...


Leno said...

What a fun weekend. Don't know how you did those hours though, I can't do that anymore.... I'm tired just reading about it. lol
Really enjoyed seeing the pictures. Thanks..

FD5 said...

Get some sleep, you have made me tired.

Stay Safe
John and Bridget

Mark and Dortha said...

What a weekend. You love them, but you are so glad when they are behind you!

Hugs to you both,

Bob and Molly said...

Big congrats on your retirement! Looks like you had a lot of fun! More fun is on the way!
Look forward to seeing you in Kerrville!
Molly & Bob