Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mac is recuperating and Christmas


Mac is recuperating, but slower than we thought it was going to be. He has been in quite a bit of pain. I tried to tell him that he would have a lot of pain with abdominal surgery. Every time the doctor touches any organ, it bruises it. He says that he feels full all the time and I don't think that is normal. He is supposed to call his doctor tomorrow to make an appointment and to ask about that.


I will be having some minor surgery on Tuesday. I am having a really bad ingrown toenail taken off of my right big toe. The doctor is actually taking off the whole toenail and hope it will not grow back the same way. I have some nerve damage from a herniated disc surgery years ago and it is that toe that is affected. I have to be off my feet for 3 days...now isn't that convenient being 2 days before Christmas!


crutches


I am doing most of the cooking tomorrow night so it can just be warmed up. Jen will bring over the turkey and we will cook that on Wednesday since I won't be able to walk and Mac can't lift anything...we are such a sorry couple right now..lol


My mom and brother will be here. Also our daughter, her boyfriend, and our grandson will be here for the day. Hopefully there won't be too much trouble with dinner since Mac and I both will be kinda laid up...


We finished our Christmas shopping yesterday and I got the gifts wrapped today. I still have to mail a few out.


We went truck shopping on Saturday and found one that we both liked. We will decide tomorrow if it is the one for us. If so, I will post photos on my next blog.


We would like to wish all our family and friends a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!!


christmas


Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away...


No comments: