Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Mac to the rescue....

Netters is feeling crappy,she thinks it might be a touch of the stomach flu, so Mac has stepped up to the plate to do the blog.(Don't expect this to happen often).Last Tuesday I had a post op appointment with the throat surgeon. He said there was still a little swelling on the vocal chords which was normal, and everything else looked fine. While we were in the exam room, he went ahead and went over Lynette's sleep study results. He said that her oxygen level went from 98 to less than 60, which was way to low, so he is prescribing a breathing machine for her also. She will have to experiment with it for awhile to get the oxygen levels where they want. I guess both of us will look like aliens with breathing masks on every night. They spray some kind of liquid in your nose to numb your nose and throat so they can run a little camera through your nose and down into your throat to look at the vocal chords. I must be allergic to the spray because about 30 minutes after I leave the Drs. office I start sneezing and my nose starts running like a water faucet. Every time he does this it gets worse and lasts longer.After a short while it starts hurting and about drives me nuts,(which I'm well on my way to anyway). I told Netters that I would rather have the surgery than have that spray in my nose again. I'm supposed to go for another checkup in 6 months but he is going to have to put me to sleep or come up with another way to look at my vocal chords because I won't let him spray that stuff in my nose again. It has been 5 days now and still is bugging me, but not nearly as bad.
Seems like about half of the winter we have got very little done on getting the house ready to put on the market because one or both of us have been sick or restricted because of health issues. It will be so nice to get to where we can get back to normal. If things continue like they look, we will be back to getting things done this week. We certainly have a lot to get accomplished before we go to Kerrville and I go back to work on the pipeline inspection job. Until Netters makes the next post, I hope this is the last fill in job for me. Later...

5 comments:

Leno said...

Good job with the post Mac.. Please tell Netters to get well soon. I'm thinking of her.

Jenny Johnson said...

Excellent job Mac -- we knew you could do it. The next time I need someone to write a post I will be sure to call on you...so keep your writin' hand handy.

Tumbleweed Dee said...

Great job MAC!! I hope you guys get back to normal real soon. See you in chat!

Debbie and Rod said...

Good job Mac, nice to see you step up to the plate. Hope you feel better soon Netters!

Debbie

Mark and Dortha said...

Great job...hope you both get to feeling top notch soon.

Hugs,
Dortha