Gate Guarding

Gate Guarding

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Day 3 Back at the House

This is day 3 back in the house after having to take the RV to the dealer for some warranty work. We are not liking this...We were really getting used to being in the RV and that is making it a lot easier to get rid of most of this stuff! We are really motivated!

Mac has been painting. Today he trimmed in the front living room and most of it will be ready to paint tomorrow. Then all we need to do is finish the family room(1/2 of it is already painted) and do the office! YEAH!!!

DSC_0048

DSC_0050 DSC_0049

Mac has also been re-arranging packed boxes. We had most of the things for the sale in the front living room and he moved them to the guest bedroom since we are not putting that furniture back in there. The things that go to storage are in the garage on a long table. As of right now, there are only about 5 things or boxes on that table!!!

I took a few photos today out our front door to see how my camera would take photos in the cloudy weather. The trees have really changed and the grass in the yards is finally going dormant.

DSC_0038

DSC_0042

DSC_0035

DSC_0034

I have been sorting through stuff in the kitchen today. What to keep..what to get rid of...that is the question...LOL.  We have to keep some stuff for now while we are staying in the house so that we can cook and have things to eat with. But I have gotten rid of a lot of things already and will try to finish the kitchen tomorrow. Two of our daughters, Chris & Teri, have told us a few things that they want so I have either boxed them up or set them to the side. I think Teri & Lynnie will be here next weekend to pick up the things that they are taking. She is taking Mac's grandmother's antique dining table and buffet and a few other things that I have convinced her that she can't live without!

OMG this place is a mess. But I keep telling myself that it will be more than worth it in the long run.

I talked to Chris today to let her know that we wouldn't be able to make it to Amarillo for Thanksgiving this year. This is the first time they have invited us for Thanksgiving but my brother's health is not good and we feel that we should spend it with him this year. Hopefully we can spend it with them next year.

I made homemade Broccoli & Cheese Noodle Soup for supper tonight. I never can make a small batch of that, no matter how I try. Oh well, I will have some tomorrow and then either try to freeze some or send some home with the grandkids. Mac had Ham & Beans with cornbread. I have a hard time with Ham & Beans since my cancer surgery so I usually try to make some other kind of soup for me to have.

I'm gonna watch a little TV tonight and maybe sign on to chat for a while.

Stay tune for what happens tomorrow!!

Hugs to all!!

No comments: